Committes and Societies (selection):
Conference Activities (selection):
- Co-Organizer of the (online) minisymposium History of Linear Algebra (link to YouTube) at ILAS 2022.
- Co-Organizer of the Gene Golub SIAM Summer School 2017 in Berlin from May 29 to June 9, 2017.
Article in SIAM News, September 2017.
- Co-Organizer of the conference Numerical Algebra, Matrix Theory, Differential-Algebraic Equations, and Control Theory in honor of Volker Mehrmann on the occasion of his 60th birthday (Berlin, May 2015).
- Co-Organizer of the 15th Berlin Mathematical Day, May 8, 2010, at TU Berlin.
- Co-Organizer of the Grassmann Bicentennial Conference, September 16-19, 2009, Potsdam, Germany and Szczecin, Poland.
In November 2010 this conference was awarded the 2010 Potsdam Conference Award (Potsdamer Konferenzpreis) in the category Innovative and/or exceptional events.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the Householder Symposium XVII, June 1-6, 2008, Zeuthen, Germany.
- Co-organizer of Gene Golub Day, February 29, 2008, at TU Berlin.
Journals and Other Publications (selection):
Other Activities (selection):
''... in the arrogance of youth, I thought that linear algebra was for boys and girls and that real men and women worked in functional analysis. However, this is but one of many opinions that did not stand the test of time.''
(Harry Dym, author of Linear Algebra in Action, AMS, 2007).