Strategies International Procurement - Challenges and Opportunities in Emerging Markets
The importance of international procurement in Emerging Markets is continuously increasing. Due to the strong economic development of Emerging Markets, international companies are buying products to supply their global production networks, local and regional needs and as one result of this study they are more and more cooperating in innovation and logistics with suppliers. Emerging Markets are characterized by an above-average growth in gross domestic product and an increasing level of industrialization.
In order to identify current developments in sourcing from Emerging Markets, this study pursues the following objectives:
- Identification of trends and strategies in the areas of supplier management, global procurement network configuration, collaboration technologies and logistics service provider integration in Emerging Markets.
- Analysis of the current state and development of sustainable procurement in Emerging Markets.
- Identification of Top Performer companies and success factors for procurement practices. Identification of industry- andcountryspecific challenges and current status.
- Industry- and country-specific trends are related to challenges and opportunities as well as to applied procurement strategies.
This survey was conducted by a network of international experts out of following regions:
- Brazil (Prof. Dr. Fleury, Instituto de Logistica e Supply Chain (ILOS), Rio de Janeiro),
- China Prof. Dr. Huo, Dean School of the Economics and Management, Tongji University, Shanghai) and (Prof. Dr. Zhang, Chinesisch-Deutsches Hochschulkolleg (CDHK), Tongji University, Shanghai (chair endowed by Kuehne Foundation),
- Russia (Prof. Dr. Sergeev, ILTC – Higher School of Economics (HSE), State University, Moscow),
- Turkey (Prof. Dr. Tanyas, Maltepe University, Istanbul),
- USA (Prof. Dr. Speh, Miami University, Oxford and Mr. Rick Blasgen, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), Chicago).
Straube, Frank; Özgen, Arzum, Ouyeder, Ouelid (2011): Strategies International Procurement – Challenges and Opportunities in Emerging Markets, DVZ Verlag: Bremen, 2011, ISBN: 978-3-87154-437-8