Mechanik, insbes. Kontinuumsmechanik und Materialtheorie
The research of the Continuum Mechanics and Materials Theory Group at the Technical University of Berlin is based in:
- continuum theory and modeling of the performance and behavior of advanced materials and technical structures
- fracture and damage mechanics, in particular "fracture electronics"
- numerical mathematics and computer simulations
- mechanics and thermodynamics of advanced material (composites, ceramics, glasses, solders, steels, and alloys)
- experimental determination of micro-mechanics parameters
- thermodynamics and materials theory