Information about procurement
Are you an employee of Technische Universität Berlin and would like to purchase a product or service but don’t exactly know how? Central Procurement is here to help you.
The Central Procurement Team is always happy to advise and assist the responsible staff in the faculties, institutes, academic chairs, and departments of Technische Universität Berlin with legally compliant public procurement procedures (including negotiation procedures) to ensure that legal procedures are followed when awarding public contracts.
Central Procurement is made up of the Purchasing Section and the Central Contract Awarding Office (only in German).
The Purchasing Section is divided into strategic and operative procurement.
- The strategic staff work with calls for tender with an estimated value of 10,000 euros net or more for individual measures, framework agreements or contracts, and prepares the tender documents (performance specifications and evaluation matrices) together with the responsible staff in the faculties, institutes, academic chairs, and departments of Technische Universität Berlin.
- The operative team is responsible for orders, complaints, and invoice processing for existing framework agreements or contracts and ensures the smooth running of procurement procedures. It is additionally responsible for procuring goods for smaller individual requirements up to an estimated order value of 10,000 euros net.
In the Central Contract Awarding Office, all procurement procedures are conducted in adherence with public procurement law. The Central Contract Awarding Office is responsible for
- providing support with public procurement legal issues across the entire University, as well as executing and reviewing awards with an estimated order value of 10,000 euros net or above in the supply and services sector
- reviewing and approving all negotiation contracts (with a gross contract value of over 10,000 euros) in the supply and services sector
- conducting all restricted, public, and EU-wide tenders in the construction sector together with Department IV