Everything about official trips

TU Berlin employees conduct roughly 11,000 official trips every year. The University has established the special unit Traveling Expenses to advise on all questions regarding official trips – from submitting an application to settling payment, as well as before undertaking an official trip.

Eight employees are available to assist you. Their responsibilities are grouped alphabetically and thematically. Your contact person depends on the first letter of your second name.

Official trips - application to settlement

From application to settlement

All official trips must be assigned or approved by your manager in writing.

If you would like an overview of

  • How to submit an application for official travel
  • What costs can be reimbursed or not
  • What to consider for official trips abroad
  • Which accommodation can be booked or whether an official trip can be combined with private travel

you can find this information and comprehensive answers to all your other questions in an alphabetical list of topics. The list also includes links to all applications and request forms.

External travelers

External travelers can also conduct an official trip in the official interest of TU Berlin. These include:

  • Employees with a private service contract
  • Invited guests
  • Guest speakers
  • Students and doctoral candidates
  • Grant holders
  • Other individuals not employed at TU Berlin

External travelers can find further information on Traveling Expenses’ webpages for external travelers.