I A - Office of Student Affairs
I A - Office of Student Affairs

Prospective Students with a Completed Advanced Training or Technical School Training

If you have completed an advanced training (such as one qualifying you as a “Meister” or a state approved technician) or a technical school training (as defined in Section 34 of the Education Act), you qualify to study in a bachelor´s program of your choice at TU Berlin (general university entrance qualification). You should apply directly to TU Berlin and not via Hochschulstart.

Please note that it is currently not possible for students with professional qualifications to apply for continuing education master´s programs at TU Berlin.

Which requirements do I need to fulfill?

You are regarded as a prospective student with a general university entrance qualification if you can provide proof of the following:

  1. An advanced training as defined by the Trade and Crafts Code, the Vocational Training Act or comparable state or federal regulations
  2. A technical school training from a technical school as defined in Section 34 of the Education Act recognized at either state or federal level or a comparable training in another federal state or
  3. A qualification as defined in the Seamen´s Act comparable to the training mentioned under no. 1 or
  4. A qualification comparable to the training mentioned under no. 1 on the basis of a training measure regulated by state law for healthcare, social care and pedagogical professions.

Examples of advanced trainings

  • Meister
  • Techniker/Technikerin (Technician)
  • Betriebswirt/Betriebswirtin (Business economist)
  • Controller (HWK)

How does the application process work?

  1. Please submit the documents listed below to TU Berlin in full before the deadline.
  2. We will then check your documents. If your application is complete and fulfills all the requirements, you will be entered into the admission procedure.
  3. If we are able to offer you a place, you will receive a letter of acceptance with information about enrolling. If your application is not successful, you will receive a letter of rejection.

Which documents do I need to submit?

Please note: Submission is only possible in the way, described on the form

  1. Application for admission (Please note: Only one application for admission is possible!)
  2. Proof of your completed advanced training or technical school training
  3. Proof of completion of at least 2 years of state-recognized vocational training with final grade

Please note:

  • Only one application for admission is possible!
  • Incomplete or unsigned applications will not participate in the admission process..
  • A German or English translation is required for every document required for the purpose of application not originally issued in either German or English.

When do I need to submit my application by?

You will find the deadlines for all degree programs here.