Online registration is available for a number of compulsory and compulsory elective module exams in bachelor’s and master’s programs.
Elective modules generally need to be registered directly with the exams team for the relevant degree program.
Online registration is possible for the first examination attempt and the first repeat. If you need to repeat the examination a second time, you have to register directly with the exams team.
If online registration is possible, students are REQUIRED to register online using QISPOS. Please note that examination registration is only open during specific registration periods. After the deadline, it is only possible to register directly with the relevant examination team in the Examination Section. This also requires written agreement from the examiner.
Information about module examinations currently available for you are provided in the QISPOS online examination registration system. If you then select your degree program and the relevant examination regulations, you will receive an overview of all module examinations assigned to your degree program. You can also see if the examination can be registered for online and which deadlines apply.
Unfortunately, this error message is very general and depends on the student accounts.
This error message generally occurs if
- you try to register a module in an area of specialization you have already successfully completed. You should register the module with the Examination Office in another area or as a free elective or additional module.
- you try to register the module in another area of specialization. If you have entered the incorrect area of specialization, please contact your examination team to have this corrected. Should you not be able to go to the Examination Office before the registration deadline elapses, then it is better to register the module in an incorrect area of specialization. You should then arrange to have the area of specialization amended as soon as possible and your modules reassigned.
- You have already taken and failed an examination. Please register your second attempt in the same area of specialization. Otherwise you will receive this error message.
Should none of these solutions work, please contact us via our contact form.
You have to obtain permission to retroactively register for a QISPOS examination from your academic chair and present this to your examination team in IB.
It is only then possible to register retroactively for the examination in question.
If your academic chair or the exams team do not provide you with this permission, this may be due to certain criteria not being fulfilled and you will not be able to take part in the examination.
There are two reasons why the link “Prüfungsanmeldung stornieren” for canceling examination registration is not shown
1. The deadline for deregistration has already elapsed. At this point it is no longer possible to register. Registration and deregistration deadlines for your module examination can be found at: www3.ib.tu-berlin.de/pruefungsuebersichtliveStgauswahl
Please note that it is possible to deregister online via QISPOS up to one day before a written or oral examination. The conditions for degregistration are set out in Section 50 of the AllgStuPO (AMBl TU Nr. 1/2014). If you think the date shown there is incorrect, please contact us.
2. No deregistration date was provided. In this case, please contact us so that we can ask the faculties to provide a date.
Student accounts for calculating the transcript of records are updated automatically, usually during the night or on the weekend. If your credit points have not been updated by the following day, please notify us via the QISPOS contact form. We will then manually update your student account so that both accounts show the correct number of credit points.
For questions relating to problems with the information contained in your student account (e.g. missing grades), please contact your exams team or inquire within your academic chair.
It depends on which examination regulations apply to your degree program. Not all teacher training degree programs are represented in QISPOS: See here for a list of all teacher training programs which are represented in QISPOS.
These modules are assigned to the degree programs Physics, and Natural Sciences in the Information Society.
Students studying in the Physics degree program can register via SAP.
Students studying in the Natural Sciences in the Information Society degree program should request proof of courses taken from their academic chair and present these to their exams team in order to register.
The error does not refer to fulfilling prerequisites for the module. This error message is generated by QISPOS if you try to register within an area of specialization other than those you have already chosen. You can only complete your registration if you also register the module examination within your area of specialization.
Please note that when you register within an area of specialization, all further module registrations also have to be made within this area of specialization. This refers specifically to the following modules:
• planning and operation
• vehicle engineering
• aeronautics and astronomics
• naval architecture and ocean engineering
If you make a mistake when registering, please contact your exams team who will amend your account and reassign any modules as required.
This module can be registered within the following areas of specialization:
• mechanical engineering
• chemistry and process engineering
• transport systems
If you have already chosen an area of specialization, you can only register online within this area of specialization. If you try to register for this module in another area of specialization, you will receive an error message. Your exams team can change the area of specialization if necessary and re-assign modules.
You have already registered for or passed modules in an area of specialization. If you are specializing in chemistry and process engineering, energy and resources, mechanical engineering or transport systems, then you can register for the “Mechanik E” examination within one of these areas of specialization. QISPOS will not allow you to register using other areas of specialization.
If you wish to change your area of specialization, please contact your exams team as it is necessary to amend your student account.