Applications for single study rooms (carrels) in the Physics Department Library are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Requirements for a single study room (carrel) application:
- You have a library card
- You are a student at a university in Berlin
Allocation of single study rooms (carrels):
- Single study rooms (carrels) are allocated for three months.
- TU Berlin students writing a final thesis are given priority.
- If the number of applications exceeds the number of single study rooms (carrels), you must submit proof that you are writing an academic thesis when you collect the key.
- All applicants will be informed by email whether their application was accepted.
- The single study rooms (carrels) are located within the interior of the library and are open at the top to allow for ventilation.
- Each single study room (carrel) is furnished with a large desk, two shelves, and a corkboard.
- They are also equipped with power outlets and a reading light.
- Single study rooms (carrels) in the Physics Department Library are only open during the library’s opening hours.