The University Library offers the following services to users with a disability or chronic illness:
- Extended loan period: 3 months for TU and UdK holdings (UdK AV media: 2 weeks, book lockers: 8 weeks)
- Requests from the Open Access Area of the TU and UdK Berlin University Libraries (Fasanenstr. 88) via the Knowledge Portal Primo. Resources are made available for collection within 24 hours from the self-service collection area on the ground floor.
To use either of these services, please present your disability ID or certificate from TU Berlin or UdK confirming academic adjustment at the circulation desk. This is only necessary the first time you use these services.
- Support with finding resources including obtaining literature and media from department and special libraries located elsewhere
- Accessible work spaces with a height-adjustable table, large monitor, and outlets for your laptop are located on each floor of the Central Library across from the information desks as well as in the department libraries. These work spaces can be used by all visitors. However, they must be vacated for individuals with a disability ID or academic adjustment.
- Free copies for visually-impaired persons (in accordance with copyright law)
- Quiet Room BIB 036: Please contact the library staff, they will guide you to the room. You will need to present your disability ID, a medical note, or a certificate from the University confirming your academic adjustment.
- Four of 14 single study rooms are reserved for TU Berlin and UdK Berlin students with a disability ID or receiving academic adjustments.