I A - Office of Student Affairs

Visa and Residence Permit

Before your arrival in Germany

If you are still abroad and have applied to TU Berlin via uni-assist, you will receive written notice when your application is complete. You can use this notice to apply for a visa for university applicants at the German embassy or consulate in your home country. We recommend doing this as your letter of acceptance may not be issued until much later and making an appointment at the embassy may also take some time. However, this written notice does not legally entitle you to a visa.

Visa processing time

As a rule, the processing time for a visa takes at least three weeks and two business days. As a university applicant, you should therefore inform yourself early on at the German mission abroad about the valid entry regulations.

International Student Counseling

International Student Counseling can provide you with detailed information about visas and student residence permits.

International Affairs

Student Mobility and International Students International Student Counseling


+49 30 314-24359

Building Hauptgebäude
Room H 51
Address Straße des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin

  • Marker  Büro für Internationales, Referat Studierendenmobilität und internationale Studierende, Bereich Äquivalenzen