I A - Office of Student Affairs

Applying and Enrolling for Professionally Qualified Applicants

As long as as you fulfill other specific requirements, you still have the chance to apply to study in an undergraduate program at TU Berlin (bachelor´s or Staatsexamen) without a university entrance qualification based on either your school grades or a completed university degree. Section 11 of the Berlin State Higher Education Act provides for a number of options for university entrance for prospective students who do possess a professional qualification.

The options you have depend on how you formulate your application, your professional qualifications. Some applicants are required to take an entry examination as part of the application procedure. Below you can find further information regarding admission requirements, how to apply, dates and deadlines as well as advisory services.

Please note: Underage students and applicants are capable of acting independently in all matters concerning their studies at their respective university, as long as they have reached the age of 16 (Section 9 (4) Berlin Higher Education Act).

Please find informations about a graduate programs here

Important dates for applicants

Before applying, please check to see if you are required to take an entry examination. Entry examinations take place in the first week of December and the first week of June at the TU Berlin Preparatory School. Please register with the Preparatory School directly. All deadlines and dates for applying can be found on the following web page.

Advising offers

You should address your questions regarding applying and enrolling to the Student Info Services at the Office of Student Affairs - Undergraduate Admissions.
See here for contact details and our virtual office hours.

Our Academic Advising Service will gladly help you with any other general questions you have about studying at TU Berlin. Such as information and advice about options for studying, the organization of degree programs and deciding which degree is best for you. Find more here.

Please contact the relevant faculty or institute course guidance service for advice relating to a specific degree program.