updated 18 June 2021, 11:31
Due to an IT attack, the TU Berlin and UdK Berlin libraries are currently offering restricted services only.
- TU Berlin and UdK Berlin University Libraries (Fasanenstr. 88): unchanged Mon–Fri 10–20 and Sat 12–16
- Mathematics Library: unchanged Mon, Wed, Fri 10-15 and Tue, Thu 15-20
- Architecture and Art Studies Department Library: as of 19 May open Mon–Fri 12–18
- Physics Library: as of 25 May open Mon–Fri 11–14
- Economics and Management Library (DBWM): as of 25 May open Mon-Fri 10-16
- Borrowing from the TU Berlin and UdK Berlin University Libraries, including items which were requested in advance. To borrow items, please use the self-issue machines in the lobby (Fasanenstr. 88).
- Ordering and requesting media via the Knowledge Portal of the Arts (UdK Berlin) and the Primo Knowledge Portal (TU Berlin). It is only possible to order items which can be borrowed. It is not possible to use reference materials on site which must first be ordered.
- Access to TU Berlin e-books and databases via Shibboleth (access via VPN currently not possible)
- Borrowing audiovisual media already available in the UdK library as well as inter-library loans (Monday to Friday, 10-16:00)
- Returning books and sheet music using the self-return machines as well as audiovisual media (CDs, DVDs, etc.) and inter-library loans using the return box in the foyer; unfortunately, return receipts cannot be issued at this time.
- Applying for or renewing a library card
- You can independently renew all books and sheet music for 365 days (90 days for CDs, DVDs, etc.) via your library account using your UdK login or TU login, as long as these items have not been requested and are not inter-library loans.
- We are currently able to process dissertations on a limited basis only.
- Ordering inter-library loans
- Scans and digitization requests for the TU libraries
The following services are currently unavailable:
- Paying fees using the cash machines
- Emailing yourself files you scanned on site; scans can only be saved to a USB stick currently
The University Library is currently not issuing overdue notices.
If you have further questions about the TU Berlin University Library’s services, please contact us using the chat information service.