Biometric Identification and Verification
(Wagner, Möller, Rallabandi, Wardah; 2 SWS/3 LP; jeweils im SoSe)
LV-Nummer: 0434 L 916
This seminar deals with current methods of personal identification using biometric measures. Topics include:
Basics of feature extraction and classification, identification and verification; speaker recognition; face recognition; iris recognition; fingerprint recognition; 'exotic' verification.
- Fundamentals of statistics and linear algebra.
- At least one semester of programming skills in a C-like language, e.g., C, C#, or Java, or good programming skills in Matlab.
Registration and ISIS course
Please note that registration for the ISIS course does not replace proper registration for the course via MTS. Registration for the course will follow the procedure below:
- The seminar is limited to a maximum number of 28 participants
- Candidates need to send an email with full name, immatriculation number and email address to yasmin.hillebrenner(at)tu-berlin.de by 11:59 p.m. on 04/24.
- An initial selection of admitted students will be done on 04/25, according to the usual criteria; other candidates will be put on a waiting list
- Students admitted will receive an email and need to register via MTS by 11:59 p.m. on 04/27; after that time, non-registered students will be de-admitted and candidates from the waiting list will be contacted
- All students need to additionally register in ISIS to participate in the lecture quizzes, obtain assignments and submit assignments and papers
Biometric Identification and Verification, QU, SEM, SS 2023
Mondays starting 04/17/23, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(see ISIS course for exact schedule).
Location: TEL 20 Audi, hybrid