Faculty VI - Planning Building Environment

Office of Academic and Student Affairs

The Office of Academic and Student Affairs is a service unit in Faculty VI. We coordinate, facilitate, advise, and provide information on all issues related to studying and teaching. Whether you are a prospective or current student; instructor; staff member in another faculty, the Central University Administration, or another unit at TU Berlin; one of our external partners, or simply have a question, we are happy to help.

Information for prospective students

Study Programs

Faculty VI - Planning Building Environment offers over 20 bachelor’s, master’s, and continuing education programs across a range of subjects such as architecture, geotechnology, sociology, and urban and regional planning. You can find an overview of all our degree programs on the page Study Programs.

Applying and enrolling

The TU Berlin Office of Student Affairs website has everything you need to know about applying and enrolling, important dates and deadlines, as well as who you can contact.


Course Guidance, generally staffed by peer advisors, is your first point of contact for information and advice about our individual degree programs.

We - the Faculty VI Office of Academic and Student Affairs - can also answer general questions about studying and teaching. You can find our contact details below.

University advising offers on choosing a degree program as well as contact persons for specific issues and situations can be found on our page Advising Offers.

Information for students

Credit transfer

Your respective examination board is responsible for decisions regarding credit transfer. Further information as well as a list of contact persons is provided on the website for the Faculty VI examination boards.


We - the Faculty VI Office of Academic and Student Affairs - are happy to provide information and advice on general questions about studying and teaching. We also provide assistance in cases of conflict. You can find our contact details below.

Further contact persons such as peer Course Guidance, the internship coordinator and the examination board for your degree program as well as further representatives and committees for Faculty VI degree programs or at the University can be found at Advising Offers.


You can find detailed information about course evaluations, accreditation, and the degree program evaluation procedure on our page Quality in Study and Teaching.

Guest auditors and visiting students

As a rule, visiting students and guest auditors in restricted admission degree programs in Faculty VI are only permitted to attend lectures. You require signed approval from the course instructor and faculty (dean of studies).

Visiting students should discuss examinations and receiving credit points with their instructor. You will receive a certificate of performance with your grade and credit points from the respective academic chair. An instructor may deny your request to take an exam which is already fully.

Guest auditors are not permitted to take exams.

Application procedure

Application forms and further information are available from the Office of Student Affairs.

Please complete the form and request approval from the course instructor and faculty. As a rule, you can do this electronically via email using digital signatures. To request approval from the faculty, please send an email to studienbuero(at)fak6.tu-berlin.de.

Once the Office of Student Affairs has reviewed your application, it will be forwarded to Campus Management, who will email you your authorization for a TU Berlin account. Your TU account allows you to use a number of services, including the ISIS platform.

Doctoral studies

Under Doctorates and Habilitations you can find information about the doctoral procedure at Faculty VI, important documents and forms, and relevant contact details.


TU Berlin’s General Study and Examination Regulations (AllgStuPO) determine the general organization and implementation of studies and examinations for all degree programs at TU Berlin. The AllgStuPO is supplemented by study and examination regulations (StuPO) for each degree program, which define the objectives and structure of the program as well as examination requirements and how exams are conducted.

The websites for the Examination Office and examination boards provide both general and degree-program specific information about examinations, from registering for exams to plagiarism. You can also find a list of all relevant contact persons.

Study and internships abroad

Information about studying or completing an internship in Europe or overseas can be found at Study & Internships Abroad.

Information for staff

Degree program representatives and committees

The page Representatives and Committees provides an overview of all committees, boards, and representatives for our degree programs, such as the Education Committees, internship and degree program coordinators, and representatives for international students or students with a disability.


You can find detailed information about course evaluations, accreditation, and the degree program evaluation procedure on our page Quality in Study and Teaching.

International cooperation and exchange programs

If you would like to initiate an international cooperation, plan scientific collaboration, or establish a student exchange program, please refer to the general information on the Department of International Affairs website as well as the detailed instructions for establishing a student mobility program on the Student Mobility website.

Please be sure to speak with our faculty advisor for international affairs, especially when establishing student mobility programs, early on to learn about the decision-making process for such initiatives. Contact details are provided below.

Teaching contracts

General information

Teaching contracts may be awarded for vacant positions or to compensate for reduced teaching loads. In these cases, they do not impact degree program capacity or the number of available study placements. All other teaching contracts, however, do impact capacity.

Contract teachers must have at least a university degree, aptitude for teaching, as well as several years’ professional experience. They may be assigned teaching responsibilities as otherwise fulfilled by professors or other teaching staff or appointed as examiners.

A teaching contract does not constitute an employment contract with the University. A teaching contract must be remunerated; this does not apply if the lecturer waives remuneration after the teaching assignment has been granted. As a rule, a course must have at least five participants to qualify for remuneration.

Further information can be found in the Guidelines for Teaching Contract Remuneration at TU Berlin (Richtlinien über die Vergütung von Lehraufträgen an der Technischen Universität Berlin).
You can find all relevant forms and documents under Faculty VI forms and information.


Requesting and awarding teaching contracts

Teaching contracts are awarded each semester following a decision by the Faculty Board or an urgent decision by the dean. The Faculty Board generally takes a decision in its last session of the lecture period. Prior to this, the institutes are requested to collect all teaching contract requests from their academic chairs and give these to their managing director to submit to the Faculty Service Center.

Please use the following forms to request a teaching contract:


TU account / provisioning

In order to provide contract teachers with a TU Berlin account which allows them to use various IT services (provisioning) and enables the faculty to settle accounts, an external account file (SAP app) must be created once for every contract teacher in the TU portal. If a contract teacher is contracted more than once, the same file continues to be used and the provisioning authorization is extended. Further information can be found in our guidelines which specifically explain how to create a file for contract teachers. General information about external account files can be found at Provisioning External Persons.



To settle payments for teaching contracts, please use our payout request form and attach a list of course participants. Please note that you must personally sign the payout request and submit the original copy to Fakultät VI - FSC, Sekr. A1, Str. des 17. Juni 152, 10623 Berlin. If you have waived remuneration, please use the remuneration waiver form.

Exam administration using MTS/QISPOS

Managing exams and grades in Moses/MTS and QISPOS

Due to an IT attack, Moses/MTS and QISPOS have been used to digitally manage exams and grades since summer semester 2021. This means students register and de-register from exams in Moses/MTS and academic chairs record grades in QISPOS. Students continue to be able to download their transcript and other certificates from the TU portal.

Until SAP exam management has been fully implemented (further information), we will be using this MTS/QISPOS combined solution. Please refer to our guidelines if you have any questions.

Legal information about exams (such as exam formats, deadlines for registering and de-registering, exam assessments, etc.) can be found in TU Berlin’s General Study and Examination Regulations (AllgStuPO). Further information as well as any updates are published on the Examination Office website.

Degree programs

Faculty VI – Planning Building Environment offers over 20 bachelor’s, master’s, and continuing education degree programs. An overview of all degree programs is provided on the page Study Programs.


Mandy GroßerAdvisor for studies and teachingEmail +49 (0)30 314-22974A 102
Katrin RitterAdministrative officer for studies and teachingEmail +49 (0)30 314-77026A 104
Carola KurzAdministrative officer for studies and teachingEmail +49 (0)30 314-70967A 110a
Myriam NauerzAdvisor for international affairsEmail +49 (0)30 314-78823A 101a
Pia Wagner-SchelewskyAdvisor for evaluationsEmail +49 (0)30 314-28705A 103

Academic and Student Affairs


Office A3
Building Architekturgebäude
Room A 101-103
Address Straße des 17. Juni 152
10623 Berlin