Calculations and evaluations in the design process, design and stress determination
- Design of highly stressed components
- Lightweight construction, volume efficiency
- Calculation methods for design (analytical methods)
- Calculation methods for fine design (FEM)
- Force application problems using examples from general mechanical engineering, lightweight construction with bonding and riveting, prosthetics and others.
- Types of load and stress
- Structural dynamics - Methods for calculating the loads and stress on designs
- Dimensioning components subject to equal boundary stresses
- Calculating and analyzing vibration
- Applying calculation methods for design and fine design
- Designing highly stressed components
- Designing composite components
- Assessing building components with regards to load and stress
- Formulating engineering design recommendations for all phases of the design process
- Quickly and confidently applying calculation methods
Students are able to calculate and evaluate statically and dynamically highly stressed structures according to the state of the art and derive design recommendations for all phases of the design process.
The course encompasses a lecture (2 course hours per week) and a practical tutorial (2 course hours per week) and is only offered during the summer semester.
If you would like to take this module and complete it with an oral exam, please take note of the following requirements for the module exam registration:
- Successful completion of coursework
If you have any questions about the course or scheduling, please contact:
Dr.-Ing. Tien Dat Phan
Please discuss any technical questions with your tutor during the practical tutorial/tutorial or office hours.
Are there any requirements to register for the exam?
Yes, you must have earned your certificate of performance. This is awarded following successful completion of all coursework during the semester.
(You can also take the exam for Strength and Fatigue on the exam dates for this module and vice)
You can reserve the exam date and upload your exam registration and certificate of performance to ISIS.
Topics on the exam
The exam may include any topics covered in the course.
You will receive computational tasks to complete before the oral component. The written and oral components must be completed on the same day. It is not possible to complete each component separately. Both components are factored into your overall performance and grade.