International Affairs
Hands lying on a keyboard with an application form next to it © Tero Vesalainen
Applying as an International Exchange Student

It is only possible to apply as an exchange or dual degree student for a place at TU Berlin if there is an official exchange agreement between your university and TU Berlin.
You also need a nomination from your university to apply.

On this page we compiled all necessary application information and look forward to receiving your application!

Application requirement

Before you can apply for participation in an exchange or dual degree program you have to be nominated by your home university: 

  • Check out the exchange / dual degree program applicaction steps at your home university's international office.  
  • Once you applied at your home university's international office and got selected for the program, your home university will officially nominate you to study at TU Berlin. 
  • Note: If you wish to study at TU Berlin for a semester or  two and your university does NOT have an agreement with us, please inform yourself about your possibilities here. Unfortunately we are not able to support you. 


Applying for an extension

In some cases, the estimated period for your exchange program or dual degree program is not sufficient for you to achieve your academic goals at TU Berlin. If you need more time, you can apply for an extension.