You will receive an email from us about one month before the semester start with details about how to enroll. Enrollment involves a number of steps:
Step 1: Complete and print the online enrollment form
(The link to the form will be provided in the instructions in the email)
Step 2: Set up a TUB account to use the tuPORT enrollment application
(You will receive the login details from the enrollment office after submitting your online application).
Step 3: Upload the following documents as PDFs in the tuPORT enrollment application
(one per document / each document not more than 4 MB):
• Scan of your signed! enrollment form
• Copy of your passport (the page showing your photo and your personal details)
• Master’s students are also required to upload their bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
Step 4: Electronic proof of German statutory health insurance or proof of exemption
(this will be provided electronically directly to the University’s enrollment office by your German statutory health insurer or the statutory health insurer you applied to for exemption. For further information, see here).
Step 5: Transfer payment for your semester contribution
(Please note: the tuPORT enrollment application generates a personalized reference number which you must include when making your transfer)
• Printed and signed online application
• Passport copy
• Electronic proof of statutory health insurance or exemption
• Master’s students: copy of bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
• Payment for semester contribution and Semesterticket
After successful enrollment you have the possibility to download an enrollment certification from your tuPORT account. You can use it to prove that you are an enrolled student. This is often requested by health insurers or the dorm administration office of the Studierendenwerk Berlin. You can find more information about the enrollment certification here.