International Affairs
Recognition & Equivalence
Our Recognition Office is your point of contact, whether you studied abroad and need help having your foreign credits recognized, are an international applicant and need your degrees recognized, or are an international student with a degree from TU Berlin and now need a certificate of equivalence.

We are here to help!

Recognition & Equivalence

The Recognition Office is responsible for:

  • Recognition of international credits and university degrees

  • Guidance on pursuing doctoral studies with an international university degree

  • Certificates of equivalence for TU degrees

For further questions about studying at TU Berlin please turn to the academic advising service.

Advising for international degree seeking students is available here.
For questions concerning admission and enrollment for international bachelor students please turn to the Servicebereich Bachelor or if you are an international master student to the Servicebereich Master.


Peter Marock

Equivalences/Recognition & Program development for North Africa / Middle East

+49 30 314-24692

+49 30 314-24067

Office INT SB
Building H
Advising hours Tue 9.30 - 12.30 & 2 - 4 / Thur 9.30 - 12.30

Recognition of international credits

Exchange students who take part in university partnerships (ERAMSUS, overseas) can directly contact their relevant examination board after receiving their transcript of records (subject and grade list). Responsibility for the conversion of grades and credits lies with the respective examination board or module supervisor.
You can also refer to our grade conversion table for European exchange programs  and the grade conversion table for overseas exchange programs.

If you are applying for a bachelor’s program, please read the applicant information provided by Team Bachelor International.

Master’s applicants can find information about statements of comparability at

If you are applying for a higher degree semester in a master’s program, please contact the relevant advisor for studies and teaching.

You can find all the forms you need here:

  • The application form for recognition of previously obtained credits is available here

  • You can find the contacts to the examination boards through the website of the particular study programs which are listed here.

Certificates of equivalence for TU degrees

Our office is happy to provide the following certificates of equivalence upon presentation of your original TU Berlin degree certificate:

 (If you have also earned credits for at least 2 semesters of the Hauptstudium)

  • Bachelor’s degree (English)

  • Licence (French)


  • Master’s degree (English)

  • Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (D.E.A.) / Master 2 – option recherche (French)​​​​​​​


  • Ph.D. (English)

  • Doctorat (French)

Doctoral studies with an international university degree

Before you start your doctoral studies, you should inquire whether your final degree fulfills the admission requirements for doctoral studies in Germany or whether you have to complete additional studies before you can be admitted.

The Recognition Office can provide basic information about this.
 Please email copies of your degree certificates and transcripts to

  • First steps for a doctoral procedure can be found here

  • Information on application and enrollment is available here