I A - Office of Student Affairs


Re-registering in the same degree program at TU Berlin

If you were previously enrolled in the same degree program with the same study and examination regulations at TU Berlin, you are a re-registrant. When re-registering, you can only apply after completing your first university degree (usually a bachelor's degree) and for the semester you were placed in by the TU Berlin examination board.

The semester must fall within the standard period of study for your degree program AND be offered the semester you are applying (i.e. winter or summer semester).

What application documents do I need to submit and when?

Refer to the application checklist for master’s studies to see which documents are required for your application. If you are applying for higher degree semester, you must have acquired the necessary credits from the previous semester and have received your placement in a higher degree semester from the relevant examination board.

As a re-registrant wanting to re-apply for the first semester you need to submit your request assignment for the first semester with a decision from the relevant examination board as well.

You should submit the Applications for Recognition of Previously Obtained Credits (Parts A and B) as well as proof of all study and examination credits you have thus far acquired to the respective examination board of TU Berlin and request assignment to a degree semester. It can take some time to process your application. We therefore recommend that you contact the examination board promptly in order to ensure that your placement in a degree semester is confirmed. This confirmation must be submitted with your application documents before the application deadline expires.

Please upload the Application for Recognition of Previously Obtained Credits - Part A decided by the examination board together with your remaining application documents within the application deadline via the upload form (direct application) or at uni-assist (application with foreign degree).

Without the subject semester classification by the examination board incl. the signature, your application for a higher subject semester will be rejected for formal reasons. The Graduate Admission does not forward any applications to the examination boards without classification and signature.

Your Application for Recognition of Previously Obtained Credits - Part B and the proof of the credits you have acquired thus far are retained by the relevant TU Berlin examination board and then submitted to the Examination Office after you have enrolled. Please do not submit this to Graduate Admissions.

 Degree programs with NCDegree programs without NC 
Submit full application bysee application deadlinesee application deadline 
Application for Recognition of Previously Obtained Credits - Part A with placement bysee application deadlinesee application deadline 

The current application deadlines you can find here.

Where do I apply?

Applicants who have acquired their first university degree at TU Berlin or a german University apply directly to Graduate Admissions at TU Berlin. Applicants who acquired their degree abroad must apply via uni-assist.

When can I expect a decision?

Places for higher degree semesters are generally allocated at the beginning of the semester (middle of October/middle of April), as we will not know before then if places are available in the corresponding degree programs.

How to contact us:

Servicebereich Master

Organization name Office of Student Affairs IA
Office IA1
Building Hauptgebäude (H)
Room 0048a-0050
Address Straße des 17. Juni 135
10623 Berlin
Virtual office hoursMon, Tue and Thu 9-11