Integrated course (lectures and exercises) in the winter semester.
Compulsory elective module.
Scientific and practical knowledge in the field of geotechnical earthquake engineering is taught. The students are able to dimension simple foundation structures in earthquake regions for seismic loads.
- Effect and origin of earthquakes
- Seismological basics
- Propagation of earthquake waves
- Determination of the characteristics of seismic actions
- Methods for the calculation of seismic soil-structure interaction
- Earthquake design of foundation structures
- Measures for ground improvement in earthquake zones
- Methods of seismic active and passive building insulation
- Comparison of international earthquake standards