Process Dynamics and Operations

Computer-aided plant design

In computer-aided plant design (CAP), the individual planning phases from the research idea to the commissioning of a plant are brought closer. CAP is offered as a 2-week block course in which the theory from the lecture is applied directly in teamwork (2-3 persons) to a given example process in the exercise. The following software programs will be explained and provided for this purpose: CHEMCAD, PlantEngineer (Visio), PlantDesign (MOSAICmodeling) and E3D (AVEVA). The planning of the example process is to be recorded in a written report per team, 70% of which will be included in the evaluation. The other 30% will be determined from a 45-minute group oral examination on the lecture and report content.

CAP will next take place at the end of September / beginning of October 2022. Interested students please use the pre-registration form below.

LV-Nummer0339 L 419 
Modul-Nummer30492 
Lecture01.11.-12.11.2021, 08:30 - 12:10 Uhr, KWT-N 207, Dr.-Ing. Jan Schöneberger 
Exercise01.11.-12.11.2021, 13:20 - 17:00 Uhr, KWT-N 207, Saskia Bublitz 
Cycleevery semester 
Examination formPortfolio Exam (Report (70%) + oral group examination (30%)), Registration via MTS 
Consulting hoursby arrangement with Saskia Bublitz 

Contact person

Building KWT-A
Room KWT-A 111

Pre-registration for course