Traveling Expenses

Information and Forms

Official travel encompasses all travel required to conduct business matters outside of the University (Section 2 Federal Travel Expenses Act - BKRG).

All official travel must be commissioned or approved in writing. If you travel for official business without a written order or approval, you may lose your right to submit claims for service or work-related accidents or compensation for expenses. Retroactive approval is only possible in exceptional cases.

The duration of the official travel is based on the time of departure from and arrival to your private residence unless the official travel begins or ends at the University. As a rule, official travel should not commence before 6:00 or end after 24:00.

Please note

Many forms are ony available in German. Please use the language switch on this webpage to get to these other forms.